Your first day at Sidley is the beginning of a lifelong relationship with a dynamic community of lawyers and alumni that is committed to excellence. Our alumni comprise a prestigious group of professionals who have built diverse skill sets at Sidley as a result of their work on interesting and challenging projects for a range of high-caliber clients. We are proud of our alumni accomplishments and proud that they are part of the “Sidley family.”
Alumni Network Benefits
Through the Sidley Alumni network, we provide opportunities for alumni community to connect with current Sidley lawyers, to engage with training and development initiatives and to benefit from industry insights.
Our Alumni Network offers:
- Networking events, including practice group events and office events.
- Connecting with fellow alumni through Sidley’s official LinkedIn Alumni group.
- CLE programs, both online and in-person.
- Alumni Profiles series. Read alumni stories and updates, including our newest profile of Veronica White, Data Analytics & Integration, Bloomberg L.P.
- Alumni E-Newsletters. Stay up-to-date with alumni news, event photos and save-the-dates, interviews and additional ways to connect.
Working Across Industries and Around the Globe
Our alumni have worked for a wide array of prominent corporations, nonprofits and trade associations at all levels of their legal departments, including numerous General Counsel, as well as in the C-suite and in other executive functions.
With deep roots in the legal profession, Sidley offers myriad opportunities to apply your talents to important matters on a global stage. We recognize that there are many career possibilities available in the legal field, and you may not stay in private practice for the full duration of your career. Our Alumni Network connects all of our people, past and present, to the opportunities, resources and contacts that help contribute to a thriving career path. Sidley alumni have achieved success in a variety of roles at all levels of in-house legal departments. This includes serving as General Counsel, CEOs and Executive Directors, as well as professors and other university posts throughout the U.S.
We are honored to include a President and First Lady of the United States among our alumni ranks. Many of our alumni have served in high-profile public sector roles as judges, law clerks and government representatives across the U.S. and internationally with organizations and agencies including:
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Court of Justice of the European Union
- European Commission
- U.S. Attorney’s Offices in more than 15 states
- U.S. Congress
- U.S. Courts in more than 15 states
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- World Trade Organization