Sidley’s San Francisco summer associate program offers something priceless – experience. The program strives to provide you with a realistic view of associate life in our office as well as social opportunities to get to know our lawyers on a more informal basis.
As a summer associate in San Francisco, you will be assigned real projects for firm clients that otherwise would be performed by junior associates. This hands-on participation lets you observe how Sidley lawyers help solve problems and create opportunities for our clients.
You will have substantial flexibility to choose assignments that reflect your own individual and professional interests, with the freedom to explore projects from multiple practice areas or to emphasize one or two. You also will be able to observe our lawyers in action by attending client conferences, court hearings, depositions, interviews, negotiations, due diligence and closings.
An essential component of Sidley’s San Francisco summer program is the opportunity for you to learn and develop your professional skills. We provide detailed reviews of your work product as well as more formal training sessions. A mentor will guide you throughout the program.
You also will have a wide range of opportunities to experience life in San Francisco.
Highlights of the San Francisco Summer Program
Experience San Francisco
- Personal and professional development, support and guidance provided through mentoring relationships with both associates and partners.
- Freedom and flexibility to select many of your own assignments and manage your workload, combined with a supportive network to assist you as you explore practice areas based on your interests.
- Exposure to interesting and challenging projects in a variety of practice areas.
- Practice law in a world class city – the nation’s technology center and the gateway to Asia
- Live in the Bay Area – one of the most beautiful places in the world
- Enjoy hiking trips at Mt. Tam
- Explore the vineyards of Sonoma and Napa Valley
- Discover our beautiful beaches and the Pacific Coast along Highway One
- Take in a Giants game at AT&T Park
- Explore the many diverse neighborhoods, including the nation’s oldest Chinatown
- Enjoy our world renowned restaurants