Sidley has been one of the most prominent and progressive proponents of law ﬁrm diversity. Our mission is to attract and retain outstanding lawyers of varied backgrounds who reﬂect the global marketplace that we serve. Through the leadership of our Diversity Committee and Committee on Retention and Promotion of Women, we aspire to make sustainable progress in our journey toward becoming a more diverse organization.
To further promote diversity within the legal profession and at Sidley, the firm created the Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship Initiative for Second Year Law Students. Each year, we award $20,000 Diversity and Inclusion Scholarships to up to 15 incoming summer associates.
- Be a second year law student; preference is given to students at schools where Sidley conducts on-campus interviews or participates in resume collections
- Have demonstrated academic achievement and leadership qualities
- Have a proven ability to contribute meaningfully to the diversity of the law school, the ﬁrm and the legal profession
Expectations of Scholarship Recipients
- Join Sidley’s summer associate program after their second year of law school
- Use the Sidley Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship to defray the costs of their legal education
- Participate in Sidley’s ongoing dialogue regarding ways to improve diversity and inclusion
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete the Sidley Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship application and send, along with a resume, current official law school transcript and personal statement to:
Sidley Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship
c/o Jennifer Connelly
Sidley Austin LLP
One South Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Application materials should be submitted by September 5 or prior to your callback interview, whichever is earlier. Awardees will be notiﬁed of the decision during the course of the recruiting season. The scholarship application is not an application for employment. You must apply separately for a summer associate position.